Almond Vanilla Bean Scones
|Prep Time||8 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour unbleached
- 1 cup Almond Flour Superfine, if possible
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt I used superfine sea salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste can substitute with vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream for brushing on scones
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. 3. Combine and whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. These are your dry ingredients. 4. Whisk together the vanilla bean with the1 1/2 cups heavy cream. 5. Gently pour cream mixture over dry ingredients, stirring slowly to make a soft dough. Make sure all of the dry ingredients are included. 6. Lightly dust your work surface with additional flour or almond flour. Take half of your dough and softly pat into a 5 inch circle about 3/4 inch thickness. 7. Cut your circle into 6 pieces. I like to score them first to make even pieces. 8. Brush with reserved heavy cream. 9. Place baking sheet in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill dough (this step is optional). 10. Bake scones for 15 minutes. I like to rotate them at the halfway point. 11. Enjoy with softened butter, fruit preserves or with the lemon glaze included in the recipe.
- 1. Pour confectioners sugar in a small bowl. Whisk lemon juice with sugar until smooth. 2. Drizzle over cooled scones.
Share this Recipe