These cream scones are the right blend of tenderness and nuttiness. They are quick and easy to make and would be great for an addition to bunch. These lil scrumptious thangs are also great with your coffee or tea!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Combine and whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. These are your dry ingredients.
4. Whisk together the vanilla bean with the1 1/2 cups heavy cream.
5. Gently pour cream mixture over dry ingredients, stirring slowly to make a soft dough. Make sure all of the dry ingredients are included.
6. Lightly dust your work surface with additional flour or almond flour. Take half of your dough and softly pat into a 5 inch circle about 3/4 inch thickness.
7. Cut your circle into 6 pieces. I like to score them first to make even pieces.
8. Brush with reserved heavy cream.
9. Place baking sheet in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill dough (this step is optional).
10. Bake scones for 15 minutes. I like to rotate them at the halfway point.
11. Enjoy with softened butter, fruit preserves or with the lemon glaze included in the recipe.
1. Pour confectioners sugar in a small bowl. Whisk lemon juice with sugar until smooth.
2. Drizzle over cooled scones.