Roasted Butternut Squash Dip
- 1 2 pound butternut squash peeled, seeds removed and cut into medium sized chunks, 2 pound
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup apricots dried
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 Orange juice and zest
- Thyme fresh and pulled off stem
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Coat squash with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Spread it in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Roast in oven until soft and trimmed in medium brown. That should take about 35 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine cooled butternut squash, roasted garlic (recipe can be found in note section), orange juice and zest, apricots and hazelnuts. Puree in food processor until smooth. Season more if needed.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl. Sprinkle top with fresh thyme. Serve with raw veggies or healthy chips.
How to Roast Garlic: Preheat oven to 400F. Peel the papery outer layers of a whole garlic head leaving the individual cloves in their little cubby holes. Trim about a ¼ inch off the top of the garlic. Sit in aluminum foil on a sheet pan. Drizzle with a couple of teaspoons of olive oil and wrap lightly with aluminum foil. Roast in oven for about 35 minutes or until garlic is softened. When cool to the touch, squeeze cloves out of the skin and reserve.
Share this Recipe