1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
2. Mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk and butter in a separate bowl.
3. Combine sweet potato mixture with flour mixture to form a batter. It will be lumpy!
4. Enjoy them as is or customize them and sprinkle fun toppings inside. (You will find some ideas below)
5. Preheat a lightly greased nonstick pan over medium high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls until desired size onto the heated pan.
6. When the surface begins to bubble, turn once with a spatula.
7. Enjoy with maple syrup although they are super delicious plain.
Sweet potatoes can be substituted with pumpkin, butternut squash, acorn squash puree or even mashed carrots!
If you can’t find smoked sea salt, any regular sea salt or kosher salt will work almost as good!